Tilly And The Buttons Sewing Pattern - Agnes Jersey Top
Sew your own jersey tops on a regular sewing machine - no overlocker or serger needed! Agnes is a close-fitting top finished with a narrow neckband. Irresistibly wearable and endlessly versatile, make it with long or cropped sleeves, plain or ruched at the shoulder, and scoop neckline or ruched sweetheart neckline. Agnes is a wardrobe staple you'll make again and again!
Agnes includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight stretch knit fabrics, such as cotton jersey, viscose jersey or wool jersey. Check that the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 25% wider than its original width.
- Fabric – 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 147cm (58in) wide for all sizes
- OR 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 1-5
- OR 2.3m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 6-8
- Matching thread
- 25cm (10in) x 6-8mm wide clear elastic, ribbon or stay tape to stabilise the shoulders
- Optional: 0.5m (20in) x 5mm wide woven or braided elastic for the ruched sleeves and neckline
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
SIZES (body measurements)
PATTERN SIZE BUST WAIST HIP
1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34) 76cm (30in) 61cm (24in) 84cm (33in)
2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36) 81cm (32in) 66cm (26in) 89cm (35in)
3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38) 86.5cm (34in) 71cm (28in) 94cm (37in)
4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40) 91.5cm (36in) 76cm (30in) 99cm (39in)
5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42) 96.5cm (38in) 81cm (32in) 104cm (41in)
6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44) 101.5cm (40in) 86.5cm (34in) 109cm (43in)
7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46) 106.5cm (42in) 91.5cm (36in) 114cm (45in)
8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48) 112cm (44in) 96.5cm (38in) 119.5cm (47in)