Tilly And The Buttons Sewing Pattern - Stevie Tunic
With no darts, zips or set-in sleeves, Stevie is a satisfyingly quick and easy make - yay! Stevie has a modern, boxy fit, with round neckline and kimono sleeves, closing at the back with pretty ties or button loop. Make as a top with cropped hemline that hits the high hip, or above-the-knee dress length, with optional turn-up cuffs and patch pocket. Throw it on with a statement necklace and you're good to go!
Stevie includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as linen, double gauze, chambray, cotton lawn, viscose (rayon). If you’re a confident stitcher, try a sandwashed silk or crêpe de chine.
- Fabric - Top - Sizes 1-5: 1.1m (1 1/4yd) x 150cm (60in)
- Top - Sizes 6-10: 1.6m (1 3/4yd) x 150cm (60in) OR Top ALL sizes: 1.8m (2 yd) x 115cm (45in) wide;
- Dress - Sizes 1-5: 1.4m (1 1/2yd) x 150cm (60in) wide
- Dress - Sizes 6-10: 2.1m (2 3/8yd) x 150cm (60in) OR Dress ALL sizes: 2.3m (2 1/2yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 0.3m (3/8yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- For button loop version: 1 x 12-18mm (1/2 - 3/4in) button and elasticated hairband
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot
SIZES (body measurements)
PATTERN SIZE BUST WAIST HIP
1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34) 76cm (30in) 61cm (24in) 84cm (33in)
2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36) 81cm (32in) 66cm (26in) 89cm (35in)
3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38) 86.5cm (34in) 71cm (28in) 94cm (37in)
4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40) 91.5cm (36in) 76cm (30in) 99cm (39in)
5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42) 96.5cm (38in) 81cm (32in) 104cm (41in)
6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44) 101.5cm (40in) 86.5cm (34in) 109cm (43in)
7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46) 106.5cm (42in) 91.5cm (36in) 114cm (45in)
8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48) 112cm (44in) 96.5cm (38in) 119.5cm (47in)