Kromski Spinning Wheels - The Fantasia
Please Note: These items are available by pre-ordering only.
Orders normally take around one to two weeks if stock is available, but could take four to five weeks if they are made to order. Other Kromski items available for pre-order. Please get in touch.
There are seven wheels to choose from. This listing is for the Fantasia only.
For the Kromski fans who wanted a modern wheel, we have The Fantasia. It touts a sophisticated Kromski design in a modern wheel format.
Many assume the distinguishing feature of a Fantasia is the curved lines of the weighted wheel accent, when it is actually the inconspicuous design of the flyer that garners the most recognition. This flyer design allows the spinner to easily and quickly transition from bobbin to bobbin without having to remove a drive band. The flyer itself is held on by a super strong rare earth magnet but easily releases with a snug pull, granting instant access to the bobbin. The flyer, bobbin and whorl are three separate components, allowing uncomplicated bobbin and whorl exchanges. Because the flyer and wheel rotate on sealed ball bearings,
spinning on this wheel is smooth, quiet and effortless.
This wheel also features sliding flyer hooks, which enables the spinner to precisely adjust the yarn as the bobbin fills. The Fantasia has three interchangeable whorls available, allowing for multiple spinning speeds/ratios and giving the spinner a wide variety of yarn types to create. If you are contemplating adding a modern wheel to your collection, you will not be disappointed with the offerings found in the Fantasia.
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
- Wood Wheel Frame & Base
- Strong and durable premium MDF wheel
- Matte finish metal carrying handle
- Wheel Diameter : 46cm (18 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 5 and 8:1
- Additional whorls : 10 and 14:1 and 18 and 20:1
- Standard and Jumbo flyer available
- Durable brass bearings on treadles
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Double Treadle
- On board Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- Total Wheel weight : 5.7kg (12.5 lbs)
- unfinished wood and MDF wheel with walnut accent on the wheel
- finished clear and veneer with walnut accent on the wheel
- finished walnut and veneer with clear accent on the wheel
Accessories for the Fantasia are available, also on a pre-order basis.