Please Note: These items are available by pre-ordering only.
Orders normally take around one to two weeks if stock is available, but could take four to five weeks if they are made to order.
There are seven wheels to choose from. This listing is for the Prelude only.
On the opposite end of the size spectrum from the Symphony in our Saxony wheel line-up, we have the Prelude. With all the same quality Kromski craftsmanship of its larger counterparts, the Prelude offers a unique characteristic of compact portability to those who want a wheel reminiscent of the antique Saxony style but need the convenience of a small, transportable wheel for events like historical festivals and re-enactments.
With a diameter of 18”, the Prelude is suited to perform in many different speeds/ratios. The Prelude was the first single-drive-only wheel that the Kromski’s produced and features Scotch Tension and a single treadle. The oblique bench links to a built-in lazy kate with a two bobbin capacity. Affordably priced and easy to assemble, the Prelude is a perfect beginners wheel but is occupied by components and attributes sufficient enough for a lifetime wheel.
Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners twice the capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin. A regular Kromski bobbin already offers 50% greater space than most standard bobbins in the industry with a generous 4.2 ounce capacity. Jumbo bobbins double that, essentially allowing you to spin two regular bobbins worth without a bobbin change. This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
- Built-In Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil & Wrench
- Threading Hook
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter : 45cm (18 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 6, 10.5 and 13:1
- Additional whorls 5.5, 7.9, 11, 14.5 & 16.5:1
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass sleeve bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 4kg (9 lbs)
- finished clear
Accessories for the Prelude are available, also on a pre-order basis.